Author Topic: Arizona border crossing closes as officials grapple with changing migration routes  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona border crossing closes as officials grapple with changing migration routes
Dec 4, 2023, 9:00 AM

BY ASSOCIATED PRESS

PHOENIX (AP) — So many migrants are crossing from Mexico into the United States around remote Lukeville, Arizona, that U.S. officials say they will close the port of entry there so that the operations officials who watch over vehicle and pedestrian traffic going both ways can help Border Patrol agents arrest and process the new arrivals.

Customs and Border Protection announced Friday that the temporary closure of the crossing will start Monday as officials grapple with changing migration routes that have overwhelmed Border Patrol agents stationed there. Arizona’s U.S. senators and governor called planned closure “unacceptable.”

Customs and Border Protection said it is “surging all available resources to expeditiously and safely process migrants” and will “continue to prioritize our border security mission as necessary in response to this evolving situation.”

https://ktar.com/story/5551699/arizona-border-crossing-closes-as-officials-grapple-with-changing-migration-routes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson