Author Topic: US Drone Thwarts Militia Attack on American Troops in Iraq  (Read 201 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Drone Thwarts Militia Attack on American Troops in Iraq
« on: December 04, 2023, 05:09:35 pm »
US Drone Thwarts Militia Attack on American Troops in Iraq
Dec. 3, 2023 | By Chris Gordon

The U.S. conducted a drone strike in Iraq on Dec. 3, as the American troops there continue to be targeted by Iranian-backed militants, U.S. officials said.

The strike took place near Kirkuk as the militants were preparing to attack U.S. troops in northern Iraq, a U.S. official told Air & Space Forces Magazine.

A half-dozen airstrikes have been carried out by the U.S. against Iranian-aligned militias in Iraq and Syria in roughly five weeks, but this appears to be first one known to have been carried out by a drone. Images posted on social media of the aftermath show the remnants of a variant of a Hellfire missile amid bodies of dead fighters.

American forces in Iraq and Syria have come under attack by militia groups at least 76 times since Oct. 17, a U.S. military official said.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/us-drone-thwarts-militia-attack-american-troops-iraq/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson