Author Topic: USS Carney responds to multiple attacks on commercial ships in Red Sea  (Read 366 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USS Carney responds to multiple attacks on commercial ships in Red Sea
By Geoff Ziezulewicz and Jon Gambrell, The Associated Press
 Dec 3, 08:01 PM

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Commercial ships came under attack Sunday by drones and missiles in the Red Sea and the Navy destroyer Carney shot down multiple air drones during an hours-long assault claimed by Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels, officials said.

The attacks potentially mark a major escalation in a series of maritime attacks in the Mideast linked to the Israel-Hamas war as multiple vessels found themselves in the crosshairs of a single Houthi assault for the first time in the conflict.

“We also have every reason to believe that these attacks, while launched by the Houthis in Yemen, are fully enabled by Iran,” U.S. Central Command said in a statement late Sunday afternoon U.S. time. “The United States will consider all appropriate responses in full coordination with its international allies and partners.”

All told, there were four attacks against three different commercial vessels operating in the southern Red Sea’s international waters.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/12/04/uss-carney-responds-to-multiple-attacks-on-commercial-ships-in-red-sea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Re: USS Carney responds to multiple attacks on commercial ships in Red Sea
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 12:24:53 pm »
@amuse
@amuse
The commander of the USS Carney is the hardest working officer in the Red Sea. Why doesn’t the Navy get him some help? Every day he’s fending off attacks all by himself. Surely we’ve other destroyers who could back him up.

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1736042760061194436
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org