Author Topic: Sanctuary City Chicago Sees 11,000% Increase in Arrests of Venezuelans Since Border Crisis Began  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sanctuary City Chicago Sees 11,000% Increase in Arrests of Venezuelans Since Border Crisis Began
December 01, 2023

Chicago Crime
Joey Chester

A common argument by the open-borders lobby is that there is no connection between illegal immigrants and crime. Those people first miss the fundamental fact that illegal immigrants broke American immigration law when they came into the country illegally. It also ignores the fact that any crime committed by an illegal alien is one that could have been avoided if our immigration laws were being enforced.

In the sanctuary city of Chicago, more than 21,000 primarily Venezuelan migrants have arrived since the summer of 2022. The 21,000 consists of those who have crossed the border illegally and those whom the Biden administration has let into the interior of the United States, largely through their rampant and illegal abuse of parole authority.

The Venezuelan migrants in Chicago have shattered the narrative pushed by the open-borders lobby that there is no connection between the border crisis and crime. According to police data obtained by CWBChicago, there were just six arrests of Venezuelan-born people in 2021 and 26 in 2022. Now, as of November 12 this year, Chicago PD has arrested 686 Venezuelans, representing an 11,333% increase over 2021.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/12/01/sanctuary-city-chicago-sees-11000-increase-arrests-venezuelans-border-crisis-began
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They are a perfect fit for any major democrat controlled city! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson