Author Topic: Dem Sen. Coons: ‘We Need to Be Striking Back’ Against Iran Proxy Attacks on Troops  (Read 527 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Sen. Coons: ‘We Need to Be Striking Back’ Against Iran Proxy Attacks on Troops

Ian Hanchett 25 Oct 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) stated that “we need to be striking back” over the attacks against American soldiers by Iranian proxy groups.

Host Bret Baier asked, [relevant exchange begins around 3:10] “Sen. Coons, these attacks are Iran proxy groups that are attacking U.S. bases throughout the region…those attacks are going up, they haven’t seen significant fatalities or injuries, but they are being attacked, and there is not a response. Should there be, and where do you think this should — the message should be to Iran?”

Coons answered, “Yes, there needs to be pressure back against Iran, as has been said by the administration today. Although these attacks are mostly by proxies, by the Houthis, by Hezbollah, by militias in…Iraq and Syria, Iran is who is behind all of this. Iran funded, supplied, and trained the fighters of Hamas and is behind these other proxies that are in the north of Israel, in the south of Lebanon, in Yemen, on the Arabian Peninsula, in Iraq. So, we need to be striking back and we need to be prepared for the very real prospect that this will get harder before it gets easier. Every leader we met with in Israel expressed gratitude for the visits of Secretary Austin, Secretary Blinken, and President Biden, and, in particular, that we have two carrier strike groups now immediately in the region. They have 80 jet fighters each. We’ve prepared for mobilizing thousands of troops if necessary. My view, Bret, is that those strong steps are going to effectively deter Iran. But this is a very difficult regional moment, and I think having a bipartisan delegation of senior senators helped strengthen the clarity with which we are going to push back on aggression by Iran through its proxies.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/25/dem-sen-coons-we-need-to-be-striking-back-against-iran-proxy-attacks-on-troops/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Coons answered, “Yes, there needs to be pressure back against Iran, as has been said by the administration today ...
The same administration that actually funds Iran's attacks on the U.S.  :pondering: That's a real poser.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

The same administration that actually funds Iran's attacks on the U.S.  :pondering: That's a real poser.

When I saw the title, my first thought was “then tell the administration to quit funding Iran”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Rep. Mike Waltz
@michaelgwaltz
The Biden Admin recklessly removed the Iran-backed Houthis from our Foreign Terrorist Organization list and these terrorists have since launched attacks across the Middle East.
Their attacks against Israel should be a wakeup call to their atrocities. RE-DESIGNATE them!
12:55 PM · Nov 8, 2023

Rep. Waltz & @RepMoskowitz led a bipartisan letter to U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken requesting the State Department re-designate the Iran-backed Yemeni Houthis as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.

https://twitter.com/RepWaltzPress/status/1722309857292816471

Online Right_in_Virginia

Better yet, let's remove our troops from the sand trap called the Middle East.

Online mountaineer

Bryan E. Leib
@BryanLeibFL
It's very simple... If the Houthis weren't receiving military training, guns, missiles and money from the Islamic Republic of Iran, they wouldn't exist. It's really that simple. The world's biggest threat is not Russia or China. It's the Islamic Republic of Iran.
9:08 AM · Dec 4, 2023