Author Topic: DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'  (Read 175 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'
« on: December 03, 2023, 10:45:18 pm »
DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Sunday asked whether former President Trump was seeking a second term in the White House to fulfill his personal retribution against his perceived enemies or to help improve the future of everyday Americans.

When asked on on NBC’s "Meet the Press" about Trump campaigning on promises to get back at his enemies, DeSantis challenged the former president with a single question: "Why are you running?"

"If he's running for personal retribution, that is not going to lead to what we need as a country," the governor said. "You got to be running for the American people and their issues, not about your own personal issues. And that is a distinction between us. I am focused on the folks. I am focused on what they want to see done for this country in a positive direction. I’m the vessel, but ultimately, it's not about me."

DeSantis was responding to a question from anchor Kristen Welker about Trump campaigning on promises "to jail his political enemies" and whether he condemns the use of the term "vermin" that Trump used to refer to his political opponents...............

"I don't use the term," DeSantis said "But what I don't do is play the media's game where I'm asked to referee other people. He's responsible for his words. He's responsible for his conduct. I'm responsible for mine."..................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-challenges-trump-why-you-running
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.