Author Topic: DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'
« on: December 03, 2023, 11:33:27 pm »
DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'
DeSantis says he's running for the American people, to move country in positive direction
By Stephen Sorace Fox News
Published December 3, 2023 1:56pm EST

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Sunday asked whether former President Trump was seeking a second term in the White House to fulfill his personal retribution against his perceived enemies or to help improve the future of everyday Americans.

When asked on on NBC’s "Meet the Press" about Trump campaigning on promises to get back at his enemies, DeSantis challenged the former president with a single question: "Why are you running?"

"If he's running for personal retribution, that is not going to lead to what we need as a country," the governor said. "You got to be running for the American people and their issues, not about your own personal issues. And that is a distinction between us. I am focused on the folks. I am focused on what they want to see done for this country in a positive direction. I’m the vessel, but ultimately, it's not about me."

DeSantis was responding to a question from anchor Kristen Welker about Trump campaigning on promises "to jail his political enemies" and whether he condemns the use of the term "vermin" that Trump used to refer to his political opponents.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-challenges-trump-why-you-running
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34