Author Topic: DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'  (Read 162 times)

Online libertybele

DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'
« on: December 03, 2023, 10:45:18 pm »
DeSantis challenges Trump: 'Why are you running?'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Sunday asked whether former President Trump was seeking a second term in the White House to fulfill his personal retribution against his perceived enemies or to help improve the future of everyday Americans.

When asked on on NBC’s "Meet the Press" about Trump campaigning on promises to get back at his enemies, DeSantis challenged the former president with a single question: "Why are you running?"

"If he's running for personal retribution, that is not going to lead to what we need as a country," the governor said. "You got to be running for the American people and their issues, not about your own personal issues. And that is a distinction between us. I am focused on the folks. I am focused on what they want to see done for this country in a positive direction. I’m the vessel, but ultimately, it's not about me."

DeSantis was responding to a question from anchor Kristen Welker about Trump campaigning on promises "to jail his political enemies" and whether he condemns the use of the term "vermin" that Trump used to refer to his political opponents...............

"I don't use the term," DeSantis said "But what I don't do is play the media's game where I'm asked to referee other people. He's responsible for his words. He's responsible for his conduct. I'm responsible for mine."..................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-challenges-trump-why-you-running
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.