Author Topic: Pentagon says US warship, commercial vessels under attack in Red Sea  (Read 149 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Pentagon says US warship, commercial vessels under attack in Red Sea

The Pentagon said Sunday a U.S. warship and multiple commercial vessels are under attack in the Red Sea.

The development signifies a serious escalation in a series of maritime attacks in the Middle East linked to the Israel-Hamas war.

"We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available, later," Pentagon spokesman told Fox News, confirming reports of an attack on a U.S. warship in the Red Sea.

The Pentagon initially told the Associated Press, "We’re aware of reports regarding attacks on the USS Carney and commercial vessels in the Red Sea and will provide information as it becomes available."

USS Carney is a Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer that has been shooting down drones and cruise missiles in recent weeks launched by Iran-backed Houthi rebels, who claimed credit for Sunday's attack. An update is expected soon from the United States Central Command (CENTCOM).

The British military earlier said there had been a suspected drone attack and explosions in the Red Sea, without elaborating....

https://www.foxnews.com/world/pentagon-says-us-warship-commercial-vessels-under-attack-red-sea
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.