Author Topic: ERO Miami removes former Chilean military officer wanted for kidnapping and murder related to 1973 m  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
ERO Miami removes former Chilean military officer wanted for kidnapping and murder related to 1973 military coup

MIAMI, Fla. — A Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) Space Coast investigation led to the removal of Pedro Paulo Barrientos Nunez, a denaturalized U.S. citizen, to his home country of Chile on Nov. 30, 2023, by U.S. Immigration and Customs and Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Miami.

Upon arrival, Barrientos — who is wanted in Chile in connection with his involvement in the kidnapping and murder of Victor Jara and one other victim at Chile Stadium — was taken into custody by Chilean law enforcement officials and now faces accusations of kidnapping and murder committed following the 1973 military coup.

“Barrientos’ denaturalization and removal demonstrates that the law will catch up to those who break it, no matter how long it takes,” said ERO Miami Field Office Director Garrett Ripa. “We are proud to be partners with Homeland Security Investigations, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the middle District of Florida, and a host of other law enforcement agencies who poured their resources into making sure Barrientos faces his accusers in his home country.”

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ero-miami-removes-former-chilean-military-officer-wanted-kidnapping-and-murder
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 04:24:25 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
All kinds of criminals are welcome...

... with the exception of those who fought against communism 50 years ago.