Author Topic: Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck  (Read 1609 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Toyota unveils $10,000 pickup truck
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2023, 11:59:46 pm »
Right... Here too... But the same can be said for side-by-sides/UTVs.... They are hen's teeth. The only way you find a used one cheap is when they have been mortally stacked up and need major repair. But they are a motorcycle for all intensive porpoises, and fixing them is prohibitively insane in cost.

My Kubota RTV 900 is no motorcycle! It's a diesel 24hp, 4wheel drive tractor that's worth every penny I paid for it and then some. The Kawasaki Mule 4010 can't hold a candle to that thing WRT doing work but both are very useful.

As for four-wheelers, I'd much prefer a horse. Not that I can get on one (or either) anymore, but jussayin.

There are some places I can't go on my four-wheelers but none that the dogs can't, and the four-wheelers are one hell of a lot easier on this old bod!

Not me man.... My seats are warmed, fueled by chili, and my farter is as good as ever!  :laugh:

I think I might have turned them on once just to see if they really worked. Otherwise the switches are pristine.  happy77
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2023, 12:11:02 am »
Here, you're better off with a narrow high profile tire. The snow is generally powdery, and as long as you don't get high centered, you do fine. The problem with the wide ones here, is that's a lot of float, and sometimes that isn't a plus...and either isn't worth much on black ice, but the skinnier tires are easier to chain up. YMMV. I have never run studs, but I have some wicked chains.

Right... Except REALLY 'high profile'... And narrow is what I meant by 'pizza cutters'. We're in the same ballpark.

Yes you can float on a wide tire, but not likely on an aggressive tread like Swampers... And they ride on the center 8" when they're new... the outside of the tread is off the ground. And those huge voids ship water out just fine... Maybe not at 70mph, which may be the difference... I am seldom at highway speeds when the weather is bad.

All the rest of what you said relates to winter and is immaterial, because I trade the fattys for pizza cutters in the winter. 2 separate sets of wheels and tires.

And because of that, studded and siped on the winter set, which are actual snow tires... 'All weather' year around tires won't get you very far up in here.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2023, 12:19:57 am »
My Kubota RTV 900 is no motorcycle! It's a diesel 24hp, 4wheel drive tractor that's worth every penny I paid for it and then some. The Kawasaki Mule 4010 can't hold a candle to that thing WRT doing work but both are very useful.

I only  meant they rely on motorcycle parts and tech, and motorcycle parts are super expensive... And if they don't, then it's an in-house part which still means super-expensive. They are crazy expensive to fix/restore.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2023, 01:42:19 am »
Yep... Though I disagree with 'lights good enough'... That's alright - The difference between you and me is what the aftermarket is for... Landing lights for me. and lit up like a Christmas tree when I want

Too bright, you go snowblind and lose all sense of contrast.

Ambers (Cibie Iode), set low down, work for that, and you won't over drive them if its that bad out. Token white lights to keep from getting pulled over (I did once, for not having a white light on on the front of the vehicle).

For summer, all the light you can use in the boonies, but not so much you blind others coming the other way on the road.

So, like I said, lights good enough.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 01:43:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2023, 02:26:15 am »
Too bright, you go snowblind and lose all sense of contrast.

Ambers (Cibie Iode), set low down, work for that, and you won't over drive them if its that bad out. Token white lights to keep from getting pulled over (I did once, for not having a white light on on the front of the vehicle).

For summer, all the light you can use in the boonies, but not so much you blind others coming the other way on the road.

So, like I said, lights good enough.

Yeah, we drive on fogs (ambers) in a blizzard too. I get that....

But BIG light for coming down a mountain road....six on the top, and two on the bumper...  big backup lights, rock lights in the wheel wells, Side-hung lights to see what is coming at you from the side... All on separate switching

Mountain roads are a treachery, and big-ass backup lights a blessing... Especially if someone behind you has his brights on...  happy77

You'll see me coming a couple miles away... And never you mind... I shut em off for oncoming traffic. For a while the two on the bumper were wired to a second bright switch on the floor.... if they were on and traffic coming I would stomp both switches and the whole works would shut off. But out in the woods all that light is mighty nice.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2023, 05:03:09 am »
@roamer_1 I gotcha. But our mountain removal project was pretty much complete about 12000 years ago.

It does get tricky back in the breaks, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2023, 05:04:05 am »
I also like a small truck that has just enough power to haul a small trailer (lawnmower/firewood)... All I require is a defrost feature.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2023, 12:48:35 pm »
I also like a small truck that has just enough power to haul a small trailer (lawnmower/firewood)... All I require is a defrost feature.
We got our pickup specifically so we could throw a couple of kayaks in the bed, and haul gardening supplies back from the store. A heater/defroster and maybe an AM/FM radio are about all the luxuries we require. Ours has a little 2.5 L engine, which is evident going up hills, but that's enough for our purposes. I believe the new Colorados come with a 2.7 L.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org