Author Topic: A U.S. Navy Return To Subic Bay?  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A U.S. Navy Return To Subic Bay?
« on: December 01, 2023, 06:52:59 pm »
A U.S. Navy Return To Subic Bay?
By John Mills (Col, USA, Ret)
November 27, 2023

Positive benefit for South Korean, Filipino, Japanese, Taiwanese, and American national security interests and containment of Chinese adventurism.

The way ahead for a multi-year saga of a large, new construction South Korean Shipyard in Subic Bay, Philippines is beginning to solidify which will help all parties interested in deterring Chinese expansionism.

One key aspect of the South Korean economic miracle of the 1990’s to the present was their dramatic expansion of shipbuilding. This is a story in itself, much of the South Korean shipbuilding growth of the 1990s - 2010s was back of the napkin math on South Korea being the shipbuilder for China as they grew 10% in GDP per annum into perpetuity.

No one grows 10%/year and now that the true nature of China’s economic situation is devolving into implosion, the magnificent Hanjin Yard is becoming the center of a multi-party agreement, understanding, and solution between Hanjin Heavy Industries, Huntington Ingalls, Cerberus Capital, the Governments of the Philippines, South Korea, and the United States, the implied interests of Taiwan and Japan, and the shipbuilding and ship repair crisis of the U.S. Navy.

https://armedforces.press/a-u-s-navy-return-to-subic-bay/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A U.S. Navy Return To Subic Bay?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 06:54:19 pm »
It isn't Subic Bay, its Pubic Bay. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson