Author Topic: As adversaries advance, US Air Force increasingly reliant on synthetic training  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As adversaries advance, US Air Force increasingly reliant on synthetic training

“Future combat employment is about kill chains and kill webs, it’s about systems of systems warfare,” and pilot training has to reflect that, Col. Matt Ryan told Breaking Defense.
By   JASPREET GILL
on November 29, 2023 at 9:34 AM

I/ITSEC 2023 — The US Air Force is undergoing a “transformational moment” in how it handles pilot training, with technological achievements from adversaries forcing the service to lean more into synthetic environments, a service official told Breaking Defense on Tuesday.

Adversaries have “caught up with us in many respects and maybe even in some respects are leading from a technology perspective,” Col. Matt Ryan, senior materiel leader for the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s Simulators Division told Breaking Defense in an interview at I/ITSEC 2023 on Nov. 28.

As a result, the Air Force is looking to integrate more advanced and emerging technologies into their future training and operations. And while live training on a plane is never going to go away, Ryan said expanding the use of synthetic training is going to be important as the service moves away from the almost-unlimited air dominance of the War on Terror and into more complicated scenarios with Russia and China.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/11/as-adversaries-advance-us-air-force-increasingly-reliant-on-synthetic-training/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson