Author Topic: As US Army transforms, it’s gleaning lessons about high- and low-tech fighting from Ukraine, Israel  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As US Army transforms, it’s gleaning lessons about high- and low-tech fighting from Ukraine, Israel

Young Bang, principal deputy assistant secretary of the Army for acquisition, logistics and technology, said the effectiveness of high- and low-tech fighting was "pushing into our guiding principles."
By   JASPREET GILL
on November 29, 2023 at 5:20 PM

U.S. Army Sgt. Richard Ruiz, right, and Spc. Cyle Maikfanz, left, both with the 25th Infantry Division, operate a 710 Kobra during the Pacific Manned Unmanned – Initiative July 22, 2016, at Marine Corps Training Area Bellows, Hawaii. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Christopher Hubenthal)

I/ITSEC 2023 — After closely examining conflicts in Israel and Ukraine, as well as technological advances by China, a senior Army official said the service has learned that a future fight is going to require a mix of high- and low-tech tactics.

“If you look at … how we’re actually thinking about the Army in 2040, we’re taking a lot of lessons learned from the current conflicts that are going on right now, whether it’s Ukraine, Russia, lessons learned with Israel, our shift to our peer threats, and there’s a combination of low-tech and high-tech that’s really incorporating … pushing into our guiding principles,” said Young Bang, principal deputy assistant secretary of the Army for acquisition, logistics and technology.

Speaking at the I/ITSEC 2023 conference here in Florida, Bang was specifically talking about how the Army is racing towards a “digital transformation” that “really now allows us to accelerate the speed of delivering capabilities to our soldiers.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/11/as-us-army-transforms-its-gleaning-lessons-about-high-and-low-tech-fighting-from-ukraine-israel/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson