Author Topic: LIVE THREAD..Newson/DeSantis debate  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: LIVE THREAD..Newson/DeSantis debate
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2023, 05:48:54 pm »

« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2023, 05:50:41 pm »

OTOH, good luck on getting anyone of them to vote for him.  He's toast among conservatives.

All five of them?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2023, 05:55:02 pm »
Biden, Trump, and Newsom, all believe that their record is and was stellar.

What happened to Newsome last night is what happens when they’re confronted with reality.

After what happened with Gavin Newsom last night, do you think it is more or less likely that Trump show up on the debate stage?

Trump will never debate DeSantis.  Obviously after watching last night's debate, Trump would lose to DeSantis in a debate bigly.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2023, 06:23:07 pm »
Obviously after watching last night's debate, Trump would lose to DeSantis in a debate bigly.

Why do you torture yourself with this fantasy? 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 06:25:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2023, 06:48:14 pm »
Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
Final thought: Gavin Newsom got massacred tonight. But he is a billion times more articulate & intelligent than Joe Biden is. Can you imagine Biden debating at all?

In Biden's defense, he did dominate his last debate opponent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2023, 06:50:01 pm »
Laugh in  your covefe all you want. Trump is avoiding the debates because he doesn’t want to be confronted by his real record.

And he knows that if he’s confronted like Newsom was last night, it could risk his lead. I mean, how do you defend another $8 trillion in debt, inflation, lockdowns, bailouts, crashing the economy on your way out the door, and now, the cherry on the top, embracing an endorsement from Black Lives Matter

Correctamundo.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2023, 06:56:25 pm »
Reminds me of when they everyone pushed Mitt Romney for President... Tell me where Trump parallels some of the very same positions...

In Romney's defense, he did run considerably to the right of Donald Trump.  By a lot.  Immigration being one of them.  In 2012, Romney said all illegals should be deported and never let back in.  In 2016, Trump said that all illegals should be deported and then fast-tracked right back in (ahead of people waiting legally).  I'll take Romney's 2012 rhetoric any day over Trump.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2023, 07:01:05 pm »
Now let's ask the audience who they want as their nominee...

Just a reminder.  Trump lost North Fulton in the 2016 primary.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2023, 07:15:38 pm »
Why do you torture yourself with this fantasy?

Let’s test that

Newsome showed up despite his record in California. He was willing to at least give it a shot. He’s got more guts than Trump

If Trump, and you, are that confident that Trump has a record he can defend, then why not debate DeSantis

Can’t hurt, right? No Trumpian style excuses. If you and Trump are that confident of his lead, no harm can come right?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 07:18:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2023, 07:21:56 pm »
 ////00000////

May the best hair gel win.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2023, 07:23:20 pm »
////00000////

May the best hair gel win.

Nope

No way Newson uses nothing but full synthetic oil
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2023, 07:35:50 pm »
Nope

No way Newson uses nothing but full synthetic oil

Nope, this enviro-whacko has sworn off hydrocarbons and fossil fuels, and animal products. 

I am guessing industrial strength canola oil. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2023, 08:15:20 pm »
Let’s test that

Newsome showed up despite his record in California. He was willing to at least give it a shot. He’s got more guts than Trump

If Trump, and you, are that confident that Trump has a record he can defend, then why not debate DeSantis

Can’t hurt, right? No Trumpian style excuses. If you and Trump are that confident of his lead, no harm can come right?

@LMAO

We can all agree that Donald Trump is a marketing genius.

He is going to milk every moment.  And when he does speak out in depth, the country will be hanging on every word.

Would be proud to support RDS should he be the GOP Nominee.  But not, while Donald J. Trump is alive.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 08:21:26 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2023, 08:27:41 pm »
Would be proud to support RDS should he be the GOP Nominee.

Why would someone like yourself who openly espouses Big Government liberalism on this forum ever vote for a Conservative like DeSantis?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2023, 08:37:25 pm »
@LMAO

We can all agree that Donald Trump is a marketing genius.

He is going to milk every moment.  And when he does speak out in depth, the country will be hanging on every word.

Would be proud to support RDS should he be the GOP Nominee.  But not, while Donald J. Trump is alive.

I wouldn't quite go so far to say that he is a marketing 'genius' - he is good at marketing himself and one of his greatest assets is being able to connect with people. However, I don't believe that his base has grown, nor do I believe that his base is as large as it was due to the disappointments and failures of his presidency.   

He lacks the ability right now to gather new voters due to his slandering of conservatives and it looks like he's chumming up with Newsom -- big mistake.

Sure, it is likely that he will be the GOP nominee once again and once again 'they' will find a way to prevent him from being seated in the oval office.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2023, 08:53:43 pm »

Sure, it is likely that he will be the GOP nominee once again and once again 'they' will find a way to prevent him from being seated in the oval office.

What if “they” are simply the voters?

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2023, 09:06:12 pm »
Trump is not as much of a genius as a very cunning psychopath ... Exceptional psychopaths and sociopaths have a "gift" for choosing victims ... Trump's first victim was the GOP ... his next victim will be American Constiutional Federal Republicanism.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2023, 09:08:09 pm »
What if “they” are simply the voters?

I for one believe the election was stolen; it wasn't a matter of not enough voters.

I believe that Trump doesn't have as many voters as he did prior election; but I will assume he has the votes needed over Brandon.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2023, 09:32:31 pm »
I for one believe the election was stolen; it wasn't a matter of not enough voters.

I believe that Trump doesn't have as many voters as he did prior election; but I will assume he has the votes needed over Brandon.
But will he have the votes over Big Mike?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2023, 09:44:58 pm »
Finally found a link to watch it a day late. Watching Bookmark.

https://rumble.com/v3z18oj-hannity-the-great-red-vs.-blue-state-debate.html
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2023, 09:47:57 pm »
But will he have the votes over Big Mike?

Very, very doubtful and I'm afraid that is exactly who the next president will be.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #271 on: December 01, 2023, 10:32:50 pm »
I wouldn't quite go so far to say that he is a marketing 'genius' - he is good at marketing himself and one of his greatest assets is being able to connect with people.

Some might say that Mike Lindell is a marketing genius too, but that still doesn't underscore the fact I cringe, and turn the channel when his obnoxious silly ads come on.  In a lot of ways that applies to Trump too
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #272 on: December 01, 2023, 10:51:06 pm »
Some might say that Mike Lindell is a marketing genius too, but that still doesn't underscore the fact I cringe, and turn the channel when his obnoxious silly ads come on.  In a lot of ways that applies to Trump too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKInwjMChk

When the primaries start in earnest,
THIS is how it's going to be when E.F. Hutton Donald Trump speaks!
   :tongue2:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

« Reply #273 on: December 01, 2023, 11:37:14 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKInwjMChk

When the primaries start in earnest,
THIS is how it's going to be when E.F. Hutton Donald Trump speaks!
   :tongue2:

Trump won’t have to say anything

The DNC will present his words, both spoken and written, to the general public at large during the general election
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 11:41:16 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #274 on: December 01, 2023, 11:40:55 pm »
Trump won’t have to say anything

The DNC will present his words, both spoken and written, to the general public at large

Will you remain seated when the DNC tries this or jump to your feet as you cheer them on?