Author Topic: Democrats won’t bail out Santos this time around, sending grim sign about fate in House  (Read 201 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democrats won’t bail out Santos this time around, sending grim sign about fate in House
by Mike Lillis and Mychael Schnell - 11/29/23 6:40 PM ET

House Democrats have had it with Rep. George Santos.

While dozens of Democratic lawmakers had voted against the effort to expel the embattled New York Republican earlier in the month, those same lawmakers are now lining up to support Santos’s ouster when a similar resolution hits the floor later this week.

“It’s pretty clear: He needs to go,” Rep. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.) said.

“I’ll probably vote for an expulsion,” Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) said.

“I’ll be a yes vote to expel,” said Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.).

Schneider, Cleaver and Johnson were all among the 31 Democrats who had opposed Santos’s ejection just four weeks ago. They join a long and growing number of Democratic lawmakers from that list who are ready to flip their votes when the opportunity presents itself this week. Some are predicting the Democratic vote to expel Santos will be unanimous.

“I would assume everybody at this point,” said Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), who had also voted to keep Santos in office earlier this month.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4334272-democrats-santos-house-expulsion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It takes a 2/3 vote.  It's up to the Republicans to save or expel Santos.

If all the House Dems vote to expel Santos, that still doesn't meet the 2/3 threshold.

Why are peeps so eager to portray the House Dems as omnipotent?

It's not the Dems' fault the GOP is a Chaos Caucus.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright