Author Topic: Biden falls to record-low 27% approval among independents — an 8-point drop from October: poll  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden falls to record-low 27% approval among independents — an 8-point drop from October: poll
By Social Links forVictor Nava
Published Nov. 28, 2023, 9:23 p.m. ET

President Biden’s job approval rating among independents has hit a record low, according to a new poll.

Only 27% of political independents approve of the job Biden, 81, has done in the White House, an 8-point drop since last month, according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday.

Contributing to the president’s lackluster approval from the key voting group is his handling of the economy and the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians, where Biden received even lower marks from independents.

Among the non-affiliated, Gallup measured Biden’s rating on the economy at 24%, and his efforts at navigating the US’s role in the Middle East conflict received only 25% approval.

The president received slightly better grades over his handling of Russia’s war in Ukraine, 31%, foreign affairs in general, 28%, and healthcare policy, 35%. 

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson