Author Topic: Soldier signs up thousands of troops for bone marrow donation  (Read 224 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldier signs up thousands of troops for bone marrow donation
« on: November 29, 2023, 03:20:12 pm »
Soldier signs up thousands of troops for bone marrow donation
By Sarah Sicard
 Nov 28, 03:58 PM

Thousands of people each year find themselves in need of a life-saving procedure involving bone marrow from a donor.

One soldier at Fort Bliss, Texas, saw the need for donors and took matters into his own hands. Now, Spc. Christian Sutton is known as “Bone Marrow Guy.”

He got the inspiration while attending a concert.

“I saw a table registering people who are going to the National Bone Marrow Registry,” Sutton told Military Times. “I really liked the idea. If it was simple enough to register drunk people in a mosh pit it was probably easy enough to do in the Army.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2023/11/28/soldier-signs-up-thousands-of-troops-for-bone-marrow-donation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Soldier signs up thousands of troops for bone marrow donation
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 03:21:04 pm »
 :hands:  Bravo Zulu!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson