Author Topic: House approves resolutions calling on Hamas to release hostages, reaffirming Israel’s right to exist  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House approves resolutions calling on Hamas to release hostages, reaffirming Israel’s right to exist
BY BRAD DRESS AND MYCHAEL SCHNELL - 11/28/23 11:23 PM ET

The House Tuesday night overwhelmingly approved a resolution calling on Hamas to immediately release all hostages in Gaza, and another affirming Israel’s right to exist as an independent state.

The Hamas resolution — which also condemns the group for taking hostages and for launching the terrorist attack on Israel on Oct. 7 — cleared the chamber in a unanimous 414-0 vote.

Lawmakers approved the Israel resolution in a 412-1-1 vote. Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) was the lone “no” vote, while Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) voted present. The measure, in addition to reaffirming Israel’s right to exist, also rejects calls for Israel’s destruction, condemns Hamas’s attack on Israel, and “recognizes that denying Israel’s right to exist is a form of antisemitism.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4332484-house-approves-resolutions-calling-on-hamas-to-release-hostages-reaffirming-israels-right-to-exist/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hamas could give a sh*t less about what the welfare loafers in congress think or say.  This is only to get some face time and name recognition in the media. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson