Author Topic: Dem-run city expands asylum assistance to migrants amid stinging budget cuts due to raging crisis  (Read 181 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Dem-run city expands asylum assistance to migrants amid stinging budget cuts due to raging crisis
Story by Adam Shaw  •
15h

New York City is expanding assistance to asylum seekers to help them complete applications for asylum, work authorization, and other programs — as the city continues to grapple with a migrant crisis that has led to massive budget cuts.

Mayor Eric Adams announced the expansion of the Asylum Application Help Center — which allows illegal immigrants to apply for asylum, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and work authorization if eligible. The city will open two satellite sites to assist with applications, the city announced. It will use state funding to provide the sites. Migrants can arrange one-on-one appointments at help centers, where trained staff will provide "individualized support" based on their needs, the city said.

The city has been dealing with a migrant crisis that Adams has warned could "destroy" the city. The more than 140,000 migrants the city has seen since last year represent only a fraction of the millions who have been encountered at the border since the crisis began in 2021, but it has overwhelmed the sanctuary city’s social services — with officials demanding more help from the federal government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dem-run-city-expands-asylum-assistance-to-migrants-amid-stinging-budget-cuts-due-to-raging-crisis/ar-AA1kGzDl?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32fd633d74c14bf189533f4ed843cb9d&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy