Author Topic: Biden Admin Is Sending Billions In Taxpayer Funds To Fix ‘Racist’ Roads  (Read 443 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Is Sending Billions In Taxpayer Funds To Fix ‘Racist’ Roads
© Provided by State Of The Union

Senate Commerce Committee Republicans are concerned about the Biden administration’s use of taxpayer funds for “woke initiatives” in infrastructure projects.

They argue that the Department of Transportation is prioritizing “equity” and “climate change” over traditional infrastructure needs.

This is tied to grant programs worth billions of dollars. (Trending: Biden’s Mental Decline Getting Even Worse)

“Billions upon billions of taxpayer dollars meant for infrastructure projects are tied to woke initiatives that are more focused on dismantling America’s infrastructure in the name of ‘equity’ and ‘climate change’ than building roads, bridges, and highways to connect the country,” the memo reportedly stated.

“Congress must not allow the Department of Transportation to push the absurd concept of ‘racist roads’ to prevent Americans from getting much-needed improvements to their highways,” it demanded.

“The funding notices issued by DOT should focus on the law as written, not woke priorities,” insisted the Republicans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-admin-is-sending-billions-in-taxpayer-funds-to-fix-racist-roads/ar-AA1kzmZb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8fbbaa17398f4b2e91bd18d81236635b&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No more "blacktop"?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online LMAO

What’s a racist road?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What’s a racist road?

@LMAO

A road that is black. Hit bees simbolin da treatmint ob de black mans by being runober ebery day.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline The_Reader_David

What’s a racist road?

There are actually examples:  superhighways built using land that used to house black families, seize by eminent domain, and positioned to separate the remaining black neighborhood from the rest of the city.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are actually examples:  superhighways built using land that used to house black families, seize by eminent domain, and positioned to separate the remaining black neighborhood from the rest of the city.
Meh. The 'tracks' have always had a 'wrong side'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis