Author Topic: How much has the migrant crisis cost US states thus far  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How much has the migrant crisis cost US states thus far
« on: November 26, 2023, 02:41:13 pm »
How much has the migrant crisis cost US states thus far
© Provided by News Nation

(NewsNation) — Since the unprecedented surge in migration, states across the U.S. have collectively spent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to transport migrants elsewhere, revealing the escalating challenges faced at every level of government.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott spearheaded an aggressive approach, deploying state law enforcement and National Guard troops to patrol the border. 

As of mid-November, over 66,000 migrants and asylum seekers have been bused across the country, costing the state $86.1 million between April 2022 and October 2023, averaging approximately $1,650 per person, Axios reported.

Following suit, Florida allocated a $12 million budget for migrant transportation, drawing attention to Governor Ron DeSantis’ decision to fly newcomers to Martha’s Vineyard and later to Sacramento, sparking legal challenges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/how-much-has-the-migrant-crisis-cost-us-states-thus-far/ar-AA1kwNqx?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4b94e22d363d42bda64ee80c9e922d05&ei=52
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson