Author Topic: Hundreds of migrants spend the night at the San Diego airport before flights  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of migrants spend the night at the San Diego airport before flights
© Provided by WOOD Grand Rapids

SAN DIEGO (KSWB) — Over the last year, overnight stays by migrants at airports before a flight have become increasingly more common. But advocates say they have seen quite a few more people sheltering in the airport in last few weeks.

On Thursday, FOX 5 captured the moment a bus dropped off dozens of migrants at Terminal 2 at the San Diego International Airport.

Local organizations say hundreds of migrants have slept there each night over the past week after being processed by border patrol agents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Roni Elias, a volunteer with the mutual-aid group, We All We Got, frequently visits the airport to help deliver meals, water and hygiene kits to asylum-seekers.

“We would initially make just about 50 sandwiches, 50 meal packs for people. But then, we realized that was not enough,” Elias explained. “Last week, I counted 308 people sleeping over.”
Most of those staying at the airport overnight are there to continue their journey to friends and family in cities across the U.S. Many are arriving at the airport several hours, and sometimes a few days before their scheduled flights.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/hundreds-of-migrants-spend-the-night-at-the-san-diego-airport-before-flights/ar-AA1kwrlW?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4b94e22d363d42bda64ee80c9e922d05&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson