Author Topic: BREAKING....Thread 8...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON  (Read 48521 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: BREAKING....Thread 8...Israel At War...OPERATION SWORDS OF IRON
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2023, 11:55:16 pm »
Winning the future takes more than killing.

Saving your future means killing your enemy's.  Stop the Jew hate you antisemite.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2023, 11:57:18 pm »
Defeating Hamas takes more than meaningless phrases like "Winning the future takes more than killing".
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2023, 11:57:41 pm »
Like you could do better...LOLOLOLOL

Bibi basically said that he would not allow a terrorist organization to be put in power over Gaza.  And for some weird reason, @Right_in_Virginia has a problem with that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2023, 11:59:21 pm »
Bibi basically said that he would not allow a terrorist organization to be put in power over Gaza.  And for some weird reason, @Right_in_Virginia has a problem with that.

I think RiV is a Pali plant.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #504 on: December 03, 2023, 12:05:12 am »

If Israel would stop killing and give more land to the people who praise Hitler and publicly call for a worldwide Jewish genocide, then everything would be teddybears and flowers, and unicorns will lead the way to euphoric peace with everyone ... forever.

I wish I could be as dreamy as @Right_in_Virginia .
It must be a calm and worry free, blissful life.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2023, 01:46:36 am »
Freed hostages revealed the horrors they had to endure in Hamas captivity, and urged decision-makers to free all of the remaining women and children before it was too late, the Jerusalem Post reports.

Danielle Aloni who was freed after being held hostage for 49 days said that she felt like she was in a "horror movie," and said each day spent in captivity was "an eternity."

"People can die because they simply decided to murder them."

https://twitter.com/AmySpiro/status/1731028274250146163

85-year-old Yocheved Lifschitz said she hardly slept while held against her will in Hamas underground tunnels and got very sick from the food she was given there.

"The oxygen in the tunnels is running out," Lifschitz warned.

Holocaust survivor Yafa Adar, 85, who spent 49 days as a Hamas captive, plead for the immediate release of all remaining hostages.

"I was in that hell, I'm asking, begging, from all decision-makers to get the children out, get everyone out. It's not easy, not for them and not for the families."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #506 on: December 03, 2023, 01:49:08 am »
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin calls out Iranian strikes against U.S.: 'These attacks must stop'

:terror:

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin criticized recent Iranian attacks on U.S. personnel in the Middle East at the Reagan National Defense Forum on Saturday.

Speaking from Simi Valley, California, Austin acknowledged that Iran is "raising tensions" by launching strikes against American forces in Iraq and Syria.

"We will not tolerate attacks on American personnel," Austin stated. "And so these attacks must stop."

"And until they do, we will do what we need to do to protect our troops and to impose costs on those who attack them," he continued.

The defense secretary also spoke about the Israel-Hamas war, arguing that protecting Gazan civilians is "both a moral responsibility and a strategic imperative."

"I personally pushed Israeli leaders to avoid civilian casualties and to shun irresponsible rhetoric and to prevent violence by settlers in the West Bank and to dramatically expand access humanitarian aid," Austin added.

Fox News Digital's Liz Friden contributed to this report.
Posted by Andrea Vacchiano
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2023, 02:09:55 am »
If Israel would stop killing and give more land to the people who praise Hitler and publicly call for a worldwide Jewish genocide, then everything would be teddybears and flowers, and unicorns will lead the way to euphoric peace with everyone ... forever.

I wish I could be as dreamy as @Right_in_Virginia .
It must be a calm and worry free, blissful life.

Well, yeah.

We'd have the Dar al Islam, just as soon as they finished killing off everyone else (Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Shinto, Animists, etc.)

////00000////
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2023, 04:15:01 am »

So giving Hamas what it wants, the destruction of Israel, wins the future?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2023, 05:18:56 am »
A fair amount of demolition, by whatever means is handy, too.

No doubt about it @Smokin Joe   But, I don't think Netanyahu has yet come to fully appreciate how things have changed.

One change is the shift in Western demographics  --- clearly heard not only on the streets of Western cities, but also in the halls of Western universities and governments.  Netanyahu should recognize Western support is being tangibly diluted.

Another change is the simple passage of time.  Israel won the war 56 years ago and for nearly every one of these years the world has been drawn into every murder at a bus stop, intifada, lead up to war and the after battle critique  --- making this the longest six day war in world history.  It's simply time to end it.

The most significant change, IMO, is Israel's loss of invincibility.   This aura is what allowed Israel to "manage" the Palestinian problem and Arab nations (and Russia) to look the other way whenever Israel sent a sortie to take out airport runways and weapons caches in neighboring countries. 

But, Oct 7 changed all that --- and in the most public, dehumanizing, atrocious ways possible.  A low life group of animals brought Israel quickly to its knees, and by surprise.  Everyone in the ME now knows this:  An Israel victory is no longer a foregone conclusion.  This is why war could likely  spread.   And, Israel's moderate Arab neighbors really don't want this ---

The West (and Arab neighbors) want Israel to destroy as much of Hamas as possible ---- Israel deserves to and it helps the neighborhood.  But, after the bombs and shelling stop, I don't think Israel walks away with the keys to the Gaza house.  I think it becomes part of the State of Palestine.  Netanyahu already proclaiming this will not happen will not help him.  It will ostracize him. 

So, I continue to hope Bibi stops bloviating and starts thinking about how Israel moves forward in the world as it is today.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 06:15:09 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #511 on: December 03, 2023, 06:49:21 am »
No doubt about it @Smokin Joe   But, I don't think Netanyahu has yet come to fully appreciate how things have changed.

One change is the shift in Western demographics  --- clearly heard not only on the streets of Western cities, but also in the halls of Western universities and governments.  Netanyahu should recognize Western support is being tangibly diluted.
Western support is watered down by thuggish protesters who adhere to a fundamental belief system that is incompatible with most Western forms of government, people who despite all the heart wrenching tales of woe, illegally invaded western countries en masse.
In a nutshell, not only was that stupid on the part of those governments to let them in, but to let them establish no-go zones in Western centers of culture is the height of folly, one which may well have Europe longing for another Charles Martel.
Another change is the simple passage of time.  Israel won the war 56 years ago and for nearly every one of these years the world has been drawn into every murder at a bus stop, intifada, lead up to war and the after battle critique  --- making this the longest six day war in world history.  It's simply time to end it.
Communism was pronounced "dead" a few decades back, but we have had "trained Marxist" let organizations make unholy mayhem of our cities since then. Some ideas, especially bad ones,  never die.
In case you missed it, aside from the blowing up busloads of people with car bombs and suicide bombers, and the occasional random knife/gun attacks, why, it's just as placid as, say, Chicago, or some other American cities. Something about civilians being randomly attacked  (known as "terrorism") that captures the headlines. Like any mass attack, most anywhere. Is that Israel's fault? Seems like the people randomly being attacked are the victims, here.
Keep in mind that Hamas started the latest hostilities, and that Israel is talking like they will end Hamas, and the problem.
The most significant change, IMO, is Israel's loss of invincibility.   This aura is what allowed Israel to "manage" the Palestinian problem and Arab nations (and Russia) to look the other way whenever Israel sent a sortie to take out airport runways and weapons caches in neighboring countries. 

But, Oct 7 changed all that --- and in the most public, dehumanizing, atrocious ways possible.  A low life group of animals brought Israel quickly to its knees, and by surprise.  Everyone in the ME now knows this:  An Israel victory is no longer a foregone conclusion.  This is why war could likely  spread.   And, Israel's moderate Arab neighbors really don't want this ---
Name one country, anywhere, that never lost a battle, that was never the victim of a surprise attack.

I'll wait.

Virtually all of those countries still exist, despite those sneak attacks and initial losses, and they prevailed in the longer conflict. So will it be with Israel.

The West (and Arab neighbors) want Israel to destroy as much of Hamas as possible ---- Israel deserves to and it helps the neighborhood.  But, after the bombs and shelling stop, I don't think Israel walks away with the keys to the Gaza house.  I think it becomes part of the State of Palestine.  Netanyahu already proclaiming this will not happen will not help him.  It will ostracize him. 

So, I continue to hope Bibi stops bloviating and starts thinking about how Israel moves forward in the world as it is today.

From what I see, I hope Bibi hands them the key to the gate, and that is all that is standing. Face it, this has not happened in some sort of vacuum, foisted on poor, peaceful, unsuspecting innocent Palestinians. They're all in cahoots, Hamas is their selected governing group, and they are such a wholesome group that neighboring nations have thrown open their borders to let the poor, the halt, the lame refugees in. Oh, wait. That isn't happening, and that is the biggest tell of all. None there wants that bunch for next door neighbors in their 'hood. That says a lot. As for Bibi, well, they have put his ass against the proverbial wall. He has to annihilate them as a political entity, if for no other reason than for Israel to regain face after being sneak attacked. Anything less is merciful (and stupid). Whatever remains of them will be rebuilt using US dollars sent to Iran, because they are a useful thorn on the path to peace in the region.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:29:06 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2023, 08:33:29 am »
Western support is watered down by thuggish protesters who adhere to a fundamental belief system that is incompatible with most Western forms of government, people who despite all the heart wrenching tales of woe, illegally invaded western countries en masse.
In a nutshell, not only was that stupid on the part of those governments to let them in, but to let them establish no-go zones in Western centers of culture is the height of folly, one which may well have Europe longing for another Charles Martel.

@Smokin Joe

I can't argue with any of this pointing-up.  The change in Western demographics is driving the changing political view on Israel and Palestine.  Sometimes I get the feeling that Bibi considers this political shift to be fleeting and an outlier.  IMO, he needs to pay closer attention to this because the shift is real.

In case you missed it, aside from the blowing up busloads of people with car bombs and suicide bombers, and the occasional random knife/gun attacks, why, it's just as placid as, say, Chicago, or some other American cities. Something about civilians being randomly attacked  (known as "terrorism") that captures the headlines. Like any mass attack, most anywhere. Is that Israel's fault? Seems like the people randomly being attacked are the victims, here.

You may have missed my point, which is simply that people tire of war, especially the same one.  We certainly did after 20 years in Afghanistan ---- and that war started with 3,000 dead American civilians from a sucker punch from terrorists who hated us.  Tiring of war is natural;  healthy even.

Israel has been at this war, in one form of another for 56 years ---- making it the longest six day war in world history.  I want Bibi to read the room and actually see the exhaustion the world has from this. Israel should take its full and justfied retribution against Hamas --- and then end the Six Day War and find the courage to move past it.

Keep in mind that Hamas started the latest hostilities, and that Israel is talking like they will end Hamas, and the problem. Name one country, anywhere, that never lost a battle, that was never the victim of a surprise attack.

IMO, Israel has had two shields.  The first is the historic, unquestioning financial and armament support from the world's only economic and military superpower. This shield is fraying with alarming speed.  The second shield is the legend of invincibility..  On October 7, Israel did not "lose a battle" --- On Oct 7, Israel lost the supremecy it projected to the world ---- especially to foes.  On Oct 7, David became Goliath.

This is such a profound sea change that if Israel kills every Hamas terrorist, it will not change what the Middle East saw end that day:  The legend of Israel.  Israel is not the toughest kid on the block.  Bibi needs a Plan B.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 08:42:21 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #513 on: December 03, 2023, 01:01:48 pm »
i24NEWS English
@i24NEWS_EN

'The aim of Israel is to eliminate the control of the Hamas from Gaza, so that the Gaza Strip does not constitute a danger in the future for Israel...not forgetting bringing back all our hostages'

Former Israeli Ambassador to France & Italy Avi Pazner says Israel needs to start thinking about what the day after the war will look like

https://twitter.com/i24NEWS_EN/status/1731288573515575559

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #514 on: December 03, 2023, 02:07:41 pm »
ICC Prosecutor, Karim A. A. Khan KC, concludes first visit to Israel and State of Palestine by an ICC Prosecutor: “We must show that the law is there, on the front lines, and that it is capable of protecting all”.

International Chriminal Court 120323

https://www.icc-cpi.int/news/icc-prosecutor-karim-khan-kc-concludes-first-visit-israel-and-state-palestine-icc-prosecutor

I have just concluded my first visit to Israel and the State of Palestine. During this mission, I had a simple message: my Office is here to ensure that the protection of the law is felt by all.

I am sincerely grateful for the warmth and openness shown by all those I met with during this visit. The clarity, compassion and courage that victims, in particular, in both Israel and Palestine, demonstrated in explaining their experiences were deeply impactful.  While not investigative in nature, this mission allowed me to listen to their accounts and deepen my understanding of what they experienced.

My visit to Israel was conducted at the request of family members and friends of Israeli citizens who were either killed or taken hostage by Hamas and other armed Palestinian groups on 7 October 2023.   

In both Kibbutz Beeri and Kibbutz Kfar Azza, as well as at the site of the Nova Music Festival in Re’im, I witnessed scenes of calculated cruelty. The attacks against innocent Israeli civilians on 7 October represent some of the most serious international crimes that shock the conscience of humanity, crimes which the ICC was established to address. In my meeting with the families of the victims of these attacks, my message was clear: we stand ready to work in partnership with them as part of our ongoing work to hold those responsible to account.  I also stand ready to engage with relevant national authorities in line with the principle of complementarity at the heart of the Rome Statute. Such engagement, like my visit, would be without prejudice to the position of Israel on jurisdiction, and as a non-State Party to the Rome Statute.

I called for the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages taken by Hamas and other terror organisations. There can be no justification for the holding of any hostages, and in particular the egregious breach of fundamental principles of humanity through the taking and continued holding of children. Hostages cannot be treated as human shields or bargaining chips.

During my visit to Ramallah, I had the honour to meet separately with their Excellencies President Mr. Mahmoud Abbas, Prime Minister Mr. Mohammad Shtayeh, and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammad Shalaldeh.  I underlined to them that it was of real significance to me that this represented the first official visit by an ICC Prosecutor to the State of Palestine, and I expressed my sincere thanks for the official welcome that they provided. Our discussions were highly productive as we look to further deepen our cooperation under the Rome Statute.

More at link.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #515 on: December 03, 2023, 02:09:10 pm »
The Islamic State Renews Calls for Attacks on Europe in Wake of Gaza Conflict

Islamist propaganda is working to juice every possible advantage out of the Hamas terror attack against Israel, with calls for attacks against Jews, “crusaders”, and the West being issued.

Muslims who want to liberate Palestine should join the Islamic State, an Afghan IS propaganda newspaper claims, while others call for believers to use absolutely any means at their disposal to launch an attack, even if it’s just punching an unbeliever. The messages encouraging violence and murder are the latest wave of Islamist propaganda that has come since Hamas launched their October terrorist attack against Israel which was followed by a considerable uptick in antisemitism in Western states.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/12/03/the-islamic-state-renews-calls-for-attacks-on-europe-in-wake-of-gaza-conflict/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #516 on: December 03, 2023, 02:10:17 pm »
Israel Kills Hamas Commander Wissam Farhat in Renewed Gaza Offensive

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced Saturday that it had killed Hamas commander Wissam Farhat, who was involved in planning the October 7 terror attack and had been involved in terrorism against Israel for almost three decades.

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2023/12/02/israel-kills-hamas-commander-wissam-farhat-in-renewed-gaza-offensive/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2023, 02:48:52 pm »
11 hours ago
New surveillance footage shows Hamas launching attack from sea on Oct. 7
By Miles Schachner

New surveillance camera footage revealed the moment Hamas managed to reach Israel by sea on Oct. 7.

The clip shows six members of Hamas' naval forces arriving at Zikim Beach via a rubber dinghy and opening fire on the beach.

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1731058292141482283

Though the IDF stopped most of Hamas' attacks via the sea, some of the terrorists made it to land, killing 17 civilians and at least two dozen soldiers at the beach and at a nearby army base.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #518 on: December 03, 2023, 02:49:17 pm »
12 hours ago
Israel killed Hamas commander who helped orchestrate Oct. 7 attacks in an airstrike: IDF
By Miles Schachner

Israel killed Hamas commander Wessam Farhat, who helped orchestrate the terrorist organization's Oct. 7 attacks, the IDF and Israel Security Agency said in a release on Saturday.

Israeli Air Force fighter jets killed Farhat in an airstrike after the IDF received intelligence on his whereabouts, the report said.

Farhat, who commanded Hamas’ Shejaiya Battalion, planned the attack on the kibbutz of Nahal Oz and an IDF post on Oct. 7, killing six IDF soldiers, according to the release.

The commander took control of his battalion in 2010.

He was also responsible for a 2002 terrorist attack on Mechinat Atzmona and a 2011 attack on a civilian bus in Nahal Oz.

“Since the beginning of the war, the IDF and ISA have significantly degraded the Shejaiya Battalion’s capabilities, including the elimination of their senior commanders and the striking of terror infrastructure and weapons,” the statement read.
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #519 on: December 03, 2023, 02:52:45 pm »
11 hours ago
New surveillance footage shows Hamas launching attack from sea on Oct. 7
By Miles Schachner

New surveillance camera footage revealed the moment Hamas managed to reach Israel by sea on Oct. 7.

The clip shows six members of Hamas' naval forces arriving at Zikim Beach via a rubber dinghy and opening fire on the beach.

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1731058292141482283

Though the IDF stopped most of Hamas' attacks via the sea, some of the terrorists made it to land, killing 17 civilians and at least two dozen soldiers at the beach and at a nearby army base.

9999hair out0000

The IDF needs to take a page from how the Roman's might have dealt with Carthage in the 2nd century b.c.  Raze Gaza, and salt it.   That would make for a nice buffer for 100's of years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2023, 03:35:42 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
16m
The USS Carney was likely attempting to Aid the Bahamas-Flagged Commercial Vessel which was Struck by a Missile launched by the Houthis earlier today when it was Attacked.

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1731316724920709243
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #522 on: December 03, 2023, 03:38:03 pm »
Persian Gulf disruption is a major escalation that the goat f-ing Muzzies might think twice before initiating......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #524 on: December 03, 2023, 04:43:11 pm »
Persian Gulf disruption is a major escalation that the goat f-ing Muzzies might think twice before initiating......

OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
35m
Inaction has led to what has occurred today in the Red Sea.
Support the USO