Author Topic: Santos says he expects to be expelled from House  (Read 247 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Santos says he expects to be expelled from House
« on: November 25, 2023, 08:28:09 pm »
 Santos says he expects to be expelled from House
by Lauren Irwin - 11/25/23 7:59 AM ET

Following the release of a scathing House Ethics Committee report accusing Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) of campaign finance violations, the freshman congressman said Friday that he expects to be expelled from the House.

“I know I’m going to get expelled when this expulsion resolution goes to the floor,” Santos said on X Spaces, formerly Twitter Spaces.

Santos has survived two expulsion attempts, but some members say they will vote differently next time.

The Congressman said he felt like the “it girl” when he was first elected in 2022 and that everybody wanted him, “until nobody wanted me.”

The House Ethics Committee began its investigation in March 2023, after allegations of campaign finance misconduct and that Santos lied about biographical details surfaced. Santos was indicted on 13 federal charges in May 2023, and in October, a superseding indictment brought another 10 criminal counts against Santos, bringing the total to 23.

Santos was charged on seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds and two counts of making materially false statements to the House. The other indictment charged him with one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the U.S., two counts of wire fraud, two counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission, two counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, two counts of aggravated identity theft and one count of access device fraud.

Santos pleaded not guilty to all charges and has said that he will not be seeking reelection. He said he will continue to serve his district until he is allowed, indicated that he has no plans to voluntarily leave Congress.

“I’m not running for reelection, not because this was a damning report,” Santos said. “I’m not running for reelection because I don’t want to work with a bunch of hypocrites.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4326592-santos-says-expects-expulsion-from-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Santos says he expects to be expelled from House
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 11:17:56 pm »
The Pubbies had better think long and hard before they vote to expel Mr. Santos. Is he voting the right way? Considering the small majority they hold in the Hosue, they're going to NEED that vote up through January 2025.

If they expel him, how long will the seat remain vacant?