Author Topic: Iranian-backed group vows to expand conflict if US airstrikes continue  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iranian-backed group vows to expand conflict if US airstrikes continue
By Tara Copp, AP and Kareem Chehayeb, AP
 Wednesday, Nov 22

A major Iranian-backed militant group in Iraq warned Wednesday it may strike additional U.S. targets after U.S. warplanes killed multiple militants in response to the first use of short-range ballistic missiles against U.S. forces at Al-Asad Air Base earlier this week.

U.S. fighter jets struck a Kataib Hezbollah operations center and a Kataib Hezbollah command and control node near Al Anbar and Jurf al Saqr, south of Baghdad, on Tuesday, two defense officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity to provide additional sensitive details of the attacks.

There were Kataib Hezbollah personnel at both sites at the time of the strikes, but the officials said they could not yet confirm whether anyone there was killed.

Militia officials in Iraq said the attack had killed eight Kataib Hezbollah members.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/flashpoints/israel-palestine/2023/11/22/iranian-backed-group-vows-to-grow-conflict-if-us-airstrikes-continue/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Iranian-backed group vows to expand conflict if US airstrikes continue
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 06:37:40 pm »
Iranian leadership is deeply HATED by the Iranian population. Iran will never start a conflict with Israel or the U.S. for fear of internal revolution. The population is more likely to fight against their own leadership during a conflict, instead of fighting for them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Iranian-backed group vows to expand conflict if US airstrikes continue
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:39:47 pm »
The Americans, Saudis, Israelis, and United Arab Emirates need to start dismantling Iran's proxy networks to defang those belligerent S.O.B.'s.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright