Author Topic: Americans are losing benefits. That could hurt Biden in 2024.  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans are losing benefits. That could hurt Biden in 2024.
« on: November 24, 2023, 02:25:49 pm »
 Americans are losing benefits. That could hurt Biden in 2024.

Expiring Covid benefits and new limits on safety net programs threaten to hit Americans’ pocketbooks — especially among core parts of the Democratic electorate.

By Garrett Downs, Olivia Olander, Michael Stratford and Marcia Brown

11/23/2023 07:00 AM EST

President Joe Biden has just under a year to convince skeptical U.S. voters they’re better off financially thanks to him. Widening holes in the country’s social safety net could make his task even harder.

A string of popular pandemic-era support programs have expired this fall, creating so-called benefit cliffs affecting millions of Americans. That coincides with policy changes to traditional welfare programs that are now kicking in, creating potential new hurdles for hundreds of thousands of participants.

The Biden administration and Democratic allies in Congress are fighting to restore some of the lapsed benefits when lawmakers take up the 2024 spending bills early next year. But at best it will be a partial reprieve — the student loan payment moratorium, for example, is gone for good.

The collective impact: a cascading set of new financial burdens that are disproportionately affecting women, young people and people of color — a core part of the Democratic electorate. Coming on top of stubbornly high inflation, they risk further undermining the president’s pitch that he’s rebuilding the economy “from the middle up and the bottom out,” particularly among voters he needs to turn out in November.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/23/biden-social-safety-net-2024-00128488
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Americans are losing benefits. That could hurt Biden in 2024.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 06:31:08 pm »
So we need to expand social spending even though we’re looking at 40 year high inflation and $32 trillion in debt??

Well, this is Politico
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Americans are losing benefits. That could hurt Biden in 2024.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 07:08:45 pm »
Another expiring "benefit" ... affordable groceries.  Bidenomics has not sufficiently done anything to bring food prices down to 2019 levels.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright