Author Topic: Pentagon seeks to rapidly build up information-warfare force  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon seeks to rapidly build up information-warfare force
« on: November 24, 2023, 05:58:28 pm »

Pentagon seeks to rapidly build up information-warfare force
Colin Demarest
Tue, November 21, 2023 at 1:40 PM EST·2 min read

Gary Nichols
WASHINGTON — The U.S. military lacks the ability to quickly deploy personnel that can fend off malevolent actors trying to shape public opinion and must act now to build up such “information forces,” according to a newly revealed Pentagon strategy.

Conquering the information ecosystem from social-media chatter to government propaganda is increasingly important as mis- and disinformation proliferate and world powers including China and Russia try to influence foreign affairs from afar.

The Defense Department must “build a process to rapidly deploy teams of information forces, including the reserve force,” and foster a related workforce comprising military and civilian experts, according to the 2023 Strategy for Operations in the Information Environment. Improved recruiting, training and career paths are needed for the effort.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-seeks-rapidly-build-information-184043179.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson