Author Topic: US Navy Has A Maintenance Problem  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Navy Has A Maintenance Problem
« on: November 24, 2023, 05:39:55 pm »
US Navy Has A Maintenance Problem
Nov 24, 2023 at 3:00 AM EST

01:01
U.S. Navy Has A Maintenance Problem
By Ellie Cook

While the U.S. Navy may still dominate the world's seas, it is coming under increasing pressure to keep its assets ship-shape in the face of China's' growing ocean prowess.

Long-standing maintenance issues must be addressed if Washington wants to keep up its stretched naval power and stack up against China's burgeoning fleets, experts have told Newsweek.

Delays in completing maintenance on U.S. Navy surface vessels, historical cuts to the personnel staffing downsized shipyards and extended periods of deployment all impact just how ready the U.S. Navy can be for challenges on the horizon, despite recent efforts to close these gaps, analysts say.

"The Navy has always had maintenance challenges," said retired Vice Admiral Robert Murrett, professor of practice of public administration and international affairs at Syracuse University.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-navy-maintenace-aircraft-carriers-russia-china-1846058
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson