Author Topic: Dem-Run Cities Thrown Into Desperation As Migrant Influx Strains Winter Housing  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem-Run Cities Thrown Into Desperation As Migrant Influx Strains Winter Housing
New York City Mayor Eric Adams Holds News Conference Amid Growing Legal Issues
Getty Images/Spencer Platt

ARJUN SINGH
CONTRIBUTOR
November 24, 2023

Several Democratic-led cities that have received migrants from the Southern border are concerned that they cannot house enough of them in the winter.

Large cities in New York, Illinois and Massachusetts have received thousands of migrants from the Southern border since 2021, when migrant crossings began to surge and Republican-led states sought to transport them to Democratic-led cities. The influx has overwhelmed the infrastructure in these cities, with officials now warning that they cannot provide housing to migrants amid cold winter temperatures and demanding federal funding to help, according to Politico. (RELATED: ‘Turn It Into A Travel Agency’: GOP Senator Spars With Biden Official On Funding Police Abroad While Defunding ICE)

“As the temperature starts to drop, it is crucial — now more than ever — that the federal government finish the job they started,” said Kayla Mamelak Altus, a spokesperson for Democratic Mayor Eric Adams of New York City, in a statement to Politico. “We need meaningful financial help and a national decompression strategy. New York City cannot continue to manage a national crisis almost entirely on its own.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/11/24/democratic-run-cities-flummoxed-house-migrants-winter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson