Author Topic: Jewish USC professor barred from campus after criticizing Hamas  (Read 739 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jewish USC professor barred from campus after criticizing Hamas
« on: November 24, 2023, 04:13:58 pm »
Jewish USC professor barred from campus after criticizing Hamas

University of Southern California forces Economics Professor John Strauss from teaching on campus after activists misrepresent his comments

Nov 22, 2023, 3:52 PM (GMT+2)

The University of Southern California has banned a Jewish professor with tenure from teaching on campus for the rest of the semester for criticizing the Hamas terrorist organization.

Economics Professor John Strauss confronted anti-Israel demonstrators during a “Shut it Down for Palestine” protest on the USC campus on November 9.

The demonstrators accused Strauss of stepping on a list of people killed in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza and yelled "shame on you, Professor Strauss, shame on you."

The professor responded: “No, shame on you. You people are ignorant. Really ignorant. Hamas are murderers. That’s all they are. Every one should be killed, and I hope they all are.”

A clip cutting the first part of Strauss' comment in which he specified he was talking about Hamas was posted on social media, making it appear that he was calling for all Palestinian Arabs in Gaza to be killed.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/380752
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Jewish USC professor barred from campus after criticizing Hamas
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 10:51:00 pm »
My advice to Mr. Strauss would be:
You don't want to keep teaching there, anyway. Find a conservative school that may better appreciate your services...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 03:20:16 am »
I just can't feel sorry for that SOB.

He HAD to have known that terrorists would be welcome there,he probably just didn't think it  would be terrorists who were threatening Israel or Jews.

EVERYBODY is open-minded,until it is THEM that "THEY" are coming after.

Most teenagers understand this basic concept,so why wouldn't a college professor know it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 03:22:18 am »
You don't want to keep teaching there, anyway. Find a conservative school that may better appreciate your services...

@Fishrrman

He is NOT a conservative by  any  stretch  of the imagination or he wouldn't have been teaching at USC.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 04:08:30 am »

@Fishrrman Odds are he was/is just as liberal as those that threw him under the bus except on this matter.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 05:11:47 am »
@Fishrrman Odds are he was/is just as liberal as those that threw him under the bus except on this matter.

Yep
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 06:27:40 am »

@Sighlass

There is NOTHING even the tiniest bit "liberal" about these Communist SOB's!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 08:45:48 am »
University of Spoiled Children
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-