Author Topic: To the Virtue-Signaling Left, Happy Genocide Day! (To Everybody Normal and Decent, Happy Thanksgivin  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
To the Virtue-Signaling Left, Happy Genocide Day! (To Everybody Normal and Decent, Happy Thanksgiving)
CHRISTOPHER SKEET | 10:54 AM ON NOVEMBER 23, 2023

Is there anything leftists interact with that they don't utterly ruin? Can they touch anything without leaving behind a putrid stench? If someone found a way to instantly heal paralyzed, blind children with leukemia, the Left would find a way to complain about it. Nobody anywhere asks for their advice or opinions about anything, so they have to follow us around and wag their fingers in our faces to get the attention they crave.

And so it is with increasing frequency every Thanksgiving, another American holiday at which the leftists now take umbrage. That they've decided not to celebrate Thanksgiving is something that absolutely nobody cares about. So they then insist that you don't celebrate it either, on the twisted premise that the holiday celebrates not a legitimate act of Indian/Pilgrim diversity and unity, but is rather a fairy tale concocted to whitewash the alleged genocide that was to follow.

At this point it should be obvious that whatever the Left opposes is not for the supposed benefit of their ever-shuffling victim class, but for purposes of the accumulation of political power. When they oppose American traditions or holidays, they do so only to destroy the social cohesion that the traditions and holidays foster. But while Leftists deliberately obfuscate the meaning of words in order to gaslight their audience, I'll concede that some classical liberals, independents, and even some conservatives are simply confused or misinformed. It is for them that I'll be undeservedly generous and explain precisely what does and does not constitute genocide.

https://pjmedia.com/christopherskeet/2023/11/23/to-the-virtue-signaling-left-happy-genocide-day-to-everybody-normal-and-decent-happy-thanksgiving-n4924180
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson