Author Topic: Trench warfare tips: What US troops need to know from Ukraine  (Read 426 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Trench warfare tips: What US troops need to know from Ukraine
« on: November 23, 2023, 04:15:53 pm »
Trench warfare tips: What US troops need to know from Ukraine
Trench warfare is more violent than close quarters battle.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED NOV 23, 2023 7:00 AM EST

U.S. Army veteran Ryan O’Leary, has spent so much time assaulting Russian trenches in Ukraine that he’s made it his handle on Twitter, now X: @IhateTrenches.

“Your CQB [close-quarters battle] is violent, but nothing compares to trench warfare,” O’Leary told Task & Purpose. “Most of the enemy we’re fighting at like five meters or less distance. The only way you can get everyone out of the trench is by going into the trench.”

O’Leary leads foreign volunteers in “Chosen Company,” which is attached to Ukraine’s 59th Motorized Brigade. Although the unit has shown it is good at clearing enemy trenches, it is a miserable experience to defend trenches, especially during Ukraine’s cold winters, he explained

During the past 11 months, members of the company have used their military training to adapt to the conditions on the ground in Ukraine, O’Leary said. Task & Purpose spoke and texted with O’Leary, who is still in Ukraine, via the Signal app. Mastering the art of trench warfare requires getting your reps in, he said.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-ukraine-trench-warfare/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trench warfare tips: What US troops need to know from Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 04:18:35 pm »
What they need to do know and what they will learn are nowhere near the same in a woke military.  One may as well be at the North Pole and the other at the South. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 11:09:57 pm »
"Trench warfare tips: What US troops need to know from Ukraine"

The only "tip" to be had from trench warfare is that it's a sure pathway to getting bogged down into an untenable position, and "emergence from" same is likely to be the result of a draw or stalemate.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 03:09:26 am »
What US troops need to know from observing Ukraine.....they will never, ever, ever get the support from democrats that the Ukraine troops are given by democrats  9999hair out0000