Author Topic: Skunk Works Teases Tailless NGAD Fighter Design In New Ad  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Skunk Works Teases Tailless NGAD Fighter Design In New Ad
« on: November 23, 2023, 04:22:03 pm »
Skunk Works Teases Tailless NGAD Fighter Design In New Ad
Lockheed is celebrating 80 years of Skunk Works with some new hints of what they are working on, SR-72 and NGAD ‘fighter’ included.

BY
TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED NOV 20, 2023 4:58 PM EST

Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works is celebrating its 80th anniversary. A marketing push around this milestone has been underway and today we got a new ad for it that includes a look at an intriguing tailless manned tactical jet concept. It's in line with what we have seen from the bleeding edge design firm in the recent past surrounding the Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) initiative.

While it would be wrong to think Lockheed is dropping its highly classified design for a critical aircraft procurement initiative in an online promotional video, it is certainly indicative of what the company sees as a solution to Next Generation Air Dominance challenges, at least in broad strokes.

The design has a very similar wing shape and overall planform as what we have seen in cryptic NGAD-related posts from Skunk Works in the past. In fact, the design in the ad shares many cues from the line drawing the company dropped without explanation back in July.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/skunk-works-teases-tailless-ngad-fighter-design-in-new-ad
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson