Author Topic: Immigration Overtakes Inflation As Biden’s Worst Issue Among Voters in Latest Poll  (Read 235 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration Overtakes Inflation As Biden’s Worst Issue Among Voters in Latest Poll
A winning issue for congressional Republicans — but they must act, which they haven’t done thus far

By Andrew R. Arthur on November 19, 2023

The latest poll from Yahoo! News and YouGov is out, and it is absolutely brutal for President Biden. He received negative marks across the board, but in a switch from earlier polling, “immigration” has now overtaken “inflation” as the incumbent’s worst issue among registered voters. This provides an opening for a GOP seeking big wins in the 2024 elections, but if the party wants to cash in on the electorate’s displeasure with the president’s immigration and border policies, congressional Republicans must act — which they’ve failed to do thus far.

That poll was conducted between November 9 and 13, and surveyed 1,584 American adults, including, most critically, 1,062 registered voters. The margin of error was +/- 2.8 percent.

Biden Job Approval Generally. The bad news for the White House starts right from the jump, with just 38 percent of those polled approving of the president’s handling of his job (a mere 13 percent “strongly” approving) compared to 56 percent disapproving (42 percent “strongly”).

There is, of course, a partisan split on the question, with 78 percent of Democrats approving of the job that Biden is doing compared to just 6 percent of Republicans. Conversely, 19 percent of Democrats disapprove of Biden’s handling of the position, with 93 percent of Republicans concurring with that take.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Immigration-Overtakes-Inflation-Bidens-Worst-Issue-Among-Voters-Latest-Poll
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans don't seem to be aware of this information!  I never hear of them hammering commiecrats over it. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson