Author Topic: Reckless Border Policies Led To Senior Couple’s Deaths  (Read 186 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Reckless Border Policies Led To Senior Couple’s Deaths
« on: November 23, 2023, 03:35:04 pm »
Reckless Border Policies Led To Senior Couple’s Deaths

November 17, 2023

By Dale Wilcox

The vast majority of Americans have likely never heard of the Lermas, but their story needs to be told.

Jose Lerma, 67, and Isabel Lerma, 65, from Dalton, Georgia, were on their way to Mexico earlier this month when a car carrying suspected human smugglers smashed into their SUV, which proceeded to burst into flames. The couple, who had been married for nearly 50 years, were killed in the wreck along with six other people. The accident was allegedly caused by human smugglers attempting to flee from law enforcement. This incident is further evidence that America’s anti-border policies have invited lawlessness, recklessness, and ultimately, tragedy. 

It is an example of what happens when policymakers in the federal government dismantle basic security measures and allow millions of illegal aliens to cross the border. The Lermas are the latest victims of the destructive policies that have been implemented in the last few years. The same anti-border policies that led to this tragedy have also resulted in a record amount of migrants dying while making the dangerous trek through Latin America to the U.S.

From its very first day in power, the Biden Administration has been on a mission to surrender America’s operational control of its border. From ending deportations, to terminating the Remain-in-Mexico program to blocking further construction of the border wall, this White House has invited chaos and disorder at the southern border, and the results have been tragic but predictable. The administration and influential anti-border advocates love to cloak their policies in the veneer of compassion, but the end result is death and broken families. Tragedies wrought by illegal immigration pre-date the current administration but have been exacerbated by its policies.

https://irli.org/reckless-border-policies-led-to-senior-couples-deaths/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson