Author Topic: Adams warns New Yorkers that ‘we cannot stop’ migrants from sleeping on the streets  (Read 384 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Adams warns New Yorkers that ‘we cannot stop’ migrants from sleeping on the streets
Story by Adam Shaw  •
20h

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is warning residents of the Big Apple that there is nothing they can do to stop migrants sleeping on the streets, as the sanctuary city scrambles to contain an out-of-control crisis.

Adams, who slashed budgets in multiple departments due to the spiraling costs of the migrant crisis said on Tuesday that the goal is not to have people sleeping on the streets, but the "visible signs of this crisis is going to start to show itself."

Adams said that now over 140,000 migrants have come into the city since last year and "thousands are still coming in each week" and numbers are increasing.

"Believe it or not, there are migrant and asylum seekers who are saying, ‘We want to sleep on the streets.’ And so people have a right to do so, we need to be clear on that in New York City, because of the city council’s actions people have a right to sleep on the streets that we cannot stop. I want New Yorkers to understand that."

In terms of how the city will deal with the crisis he said "every day there is a level of maneuvering that we have to do to deal with the flow of migrants and asylum seekers here."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/adams-warns-new-yorkers-that-we-cannot-stop-migrants-from-sleeping-on-the-streets/ar-AA1kn5HK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8997e18ffc86489ca58729423725520f&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet they can stop homeless American citizens from doing it, though. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If they were able to stop them for a few days in San Francisco (when the evil chinese panda was here), they can do it in New York as well.

All you have to do is try, Mr. Adams.

(David Dinkins //)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nature is going to stop sleeping in the streets within a few weeks.

What has the commies that run NYC scared is that they know THEY are going to have to find the money in their budgets to rent hotel rooms for them during cold weather.

Which,of course,means less money and fewer city contracts for relatives and financial contributors to their campaigns.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!