Author Topic: The Silence From International Bodies Over Hamas' Mass Rapes Is a Betrayal of All Women | Opinion  (Read 187 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Silence From International Bodies Over Hamas' Mass Rapes Is a Betrayal of All Women | Opinion
Story by Michal Herzog  •
1d

Two days after the horrific Hamas attack of October 7, I met Rotem, a young mother of two small children from a Kibbutz on the Gaza border. I held my breath as she recounted how she ran with her children to hide while terrorists rampaged through their home, how they made it to the safe room and desperately held the door, praying the terrorists wouldn't enter.

Her terror echoed accounts I've heard from abused women, except now the threat was not from a violent husband. And Rotem was not alone; she is one of thousands of Israeli women who simultaneously faced murder and rape by Hamas terrorists on that fateful day.

At the President of Israel's Residence in Jerusalem, we are preparing for the day the United Nations General Assembly has designated the International Day for the Prevention of Violence against Women, which is observed every November 25. Every year, I host victims, civil-society leaders, activists, and scholars committed to women's rights and safety on this day.
But this year will be different. Many things changed on October 7 when thousands of Hamas terrorists massacred Israeli families, burnt children and the elderly, and kidnapped hostages. This deeply impacted our visceral understanding of the cruelty of gender-based sexual violence—and our faith in the international organizations that claim to care about women.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-silence-from-international-bodies-over-hamas-mass-rapes-is-a-betrayal-of-all-women-opinion/ar-AA1klxZc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=000dd60a3f8e450d9d1b1a17d9098dda&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It would seem "consent" is a foreign notion to the Palestinian culture. Look at their birth rates. A huge talking point is that "half their population is children."

You realize that that would mean they're churning out babies at one of the fastest rates in the world, right?

I cannot possibly imagine that happening with the mothers' total consent.

If feminists want an example of "rape culture" in action, Palestine is Exhibit A.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024