Author Topic: Here’s how you can save money without cutting cops, Mayor Adams  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Here’s how you can save money without cutting cops, Mayor Adams
Opinion by Nicole Gelinas
 •
1d

Mayor Adams has known for a year and a half that his mismanagement of the migrant crisis would force New York City to cut billions in spending — yet last week, his first move was to go full apocalypse, canceling police-academy classes and thus endangering his only real campaign promise, to improve public safety.

If Adams really wants to protect the NYPD — and libraries too! — there are other places he can cut.

The mayor projects canceling police-academy classes will save $42 million this year, $289 million the next year and $229 million for each of the following two years.

If the mayor doesn’t want to hold up these police-academy classes, he can find that money elsewhere.

The city’s Independent Budget Office has two ideas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/here-s-how-you-can-save-money-without-cutting-cops-mayor-adams/ar-AA1kjAGz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=000dd60a3f8e450d9d1b1a17d9098dda&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson