Author Topic: Pacific shift: US to build a ‘missile wall’ against China  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pacific shift: US to build a ‘missile wall’ against China
« on: November 22, 2023, 04:48:55 pm »
Pacific shift: US to build a ‘missile wall’ against China
US general confirms provocative plan to deploy long- and intermediate-range missiles to the Pacific in 2024
By GABRIEL HONRADA
NOVEMBER 21, 2023

The US is closer to deploying long-range land-based missiles to deter a potential Chinese invasion of Taiwan, a provocative move that could spark a destabilizing conventional missile arms race in the Pacific.

General Charles Flynn, Commander of US Army Forces Pacific, stated at the Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia, that the US will deploy new intermediate-range missiles including Tomahawks and SM-6s to the Pacific region in 2024, Defense One reported.

The deployment was made possible by the US’s withdrawal from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty in 2019 due to Russia’s alleged non-compliance. The Defense One report says the US Army’s Precision Strike Missile (PrSM), which can hit targets over 500 kilometers away, may also be deployed to the region.

https://asiatimes.com/2023/11/pacific-shift-us-to-build-a-missile-wall-against-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pacific shift: US to build a ‘missile wall’ against China
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 04:49:35 pm »
Why?  China knows very well Biden would never use them. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Pacific shift: US to build a ‘missile wall’ against China
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 04:58:54 pm »
 :bkmk:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.