Author Topic: Open borders have brought America to its knees  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Open borders have brought America to its knees
« on: November 22, 2023, 04:01:10 pm »

Open borders have brought America to its knees
Opinion by Don Huffines
 •
23h

The fundamental starting point of any foreign policy is always the same: borders. To survive, a country must have a firm, settled understanding of its territorial demarcation. Everything from national security and environmental balance to life and death depends on this.

Borders also define something else very special, perhaps the most special thing for a country: sovereignty. 

But in America today, borders and state sovereignty no longer seem important to the ruling class. They instruct us that limiting human beings’ free movement and determination is morally wrong. America is large and prosperous, they intone: come one, come all.

And this is precisely the failed policy many of our politicians and presidents have intentionally adopted for decades. Today, the results of this ruinous way of thinking are flooding in quickly and destructively.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/open-borders-have-brought-america-to-its-knees/ar-AA1kiAe7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=490363950b3f48d89fd8cc3a92305764&ei=10
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson