Author Topic: Chicago begins moving immigrants from cold despite taxpayer investments in tents  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago begins moving immigrants from cold despite taxpayer investments in tents
According to the National Weather Service, the average winter temperature in Chicago is 28 degrees.

By The Center Square Staff
Published: November 21, 2023 11:00pm

As the weather gets colder, Chicago has begun moving some migrants bused to the city from the southern border out of the police stations.

The state has seen over 24,000 noncitizens arrive over the past 15 months, which has led to the state spending more and more taxpayer dollars to care for the crisis.

A significant amount of arrivals are being housed at O'Hare Airport and in tents in and outside police stations.

Over the weekend, the city began to move these tents from the cold as all the migrant tents are now gone from outside the 18th district police station, the first police station to remove the tents.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/chicago-begins-moving-migrants-cold-despite-taxpayer-investments-tents
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 03:44:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Warming busses.  I have never heard of that.  Was that started for American homeless and those struggling to pay heating bills by Lightfoot and Johnson is continuing?  Or is that something Johnson started.  I wonder how many heating busses they have for Americans? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson