Author Topic: Indians Form 3rd Largest Illegal Immigrant Population in US, Says Think Tank  (Read 162 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Indians Form 3rd Largest Illegal Immigrant Population in US, Says Think Tank
Curated By: Rohit
News18.com
Last Updated: NOVEMBER 23, 2023, 02:14 IST
Washington D.C., United States of America (USA)

New Pew Research estimates reveal 725,000 Indian illegal immigrants in the US, constituting the third-largest unauthorized immigrant group

Some 725,000 Indian undocumented immigrants are in the United States, ranking as the third-largest unauthorised immigrant group, according to a Washington-based think tank.

In the year 2021, the US had 10.5 million unauthorised immigrants, accounting for around 3 percent of the total population and 22 percent of the foreign-born population, the Pew Research Center said.

The number of unauthorized immigrants living in the US in 2021 remained below its peak of 12.2 million in 2007, according to the study authored by Jeffrey S. Passel and Jens Manuel Krogstad. It was about the same size as in 2004 and lower than every year from 2005 to 2015. Almost every region in the world had a notable increase in the number of unauthorised immigrants in the US from 2007 to 2021, with the largest increase from Central America (240,000) and South and East Asia (180,000).

https://www.news18.com/world/indians-form-3rd-largest-illegal-immigrant-population-in-us-says-think-tank-8672146.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson