Author Topic: NYC Mayor Eric Adams slashes $2.1 billion from housing and service budget for migrants to save NYPD,  (Read 182 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NYC Mayor Eric Adams slashes $2.1 billion from housing and service budget for migrants to save NYPD, FDNY and Sanitation Department from ANOTHER round of cuts

Story by Martha Williams For Dailymail.Com  •
21h

Eric Adams said NYPD, FDNY and the Sanitation Department will be spared from the ruthless budget cuts he announced on Thursday

The NYC Mayor's decision was a result of concerns for 'public safety, health and cleanliness'

The city will rip funding from migrant relief services instead to meet their $2.1 billion budget cut goal

New York City's mayor is implementing another round of budget cuts, but will spare NYPD, FDNY and the sanitation department and majorly drop migrant funding instead.

Mayor Eric Adams, 63, wants his administration to find $2.1 billion they can cut from New York City's budget to meet their January goal as part of the 5% city government-wide spending reduction proposed in September.

Adams warned New Yorkers on Thursday the migrant crisis would cause 'painful' budget cuts and claimed cuts across all departments were necessary after the city spent $1.45 billion in fiscal 2023 on the migrant crisis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-eric-adams-slashes-2-1-billion-from-housing-and-service-budget-for-migrants-to-save-nypd-fdny-and-sanitation-department-from-another-round-of-cuts/ar-AA1kiDfB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=66ae3259df2c424eae82d669d2c92327&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why is it he had to piss off the citizens of NY before he saw this reality? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson