Author Topic: Sanctions relief for Iran shows how little the US has learned  (Read 153 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sanctions relief for Iran shows how little the US has learned
« on: November 21, 2023, 03:41:23 pm »
Sanctions relief for Iran shows how little the US has learned

The Biden administration, against all better judgment, renewed a sanctions waiver that will allow Iran to access $10 billion in payments from Iraq in exchange for electricity.

This waiver is renewed every 120 days, which means this is not a one-off money infusion to the worst terrorist state in the world. The idea that the White House could use the threat of freezing relief as leverage against Iran — to say nothing of imposing new sanctions — appears not to have crossed anyone’s mind.

So billions of dollars — including an estimated $100 billion in unfrozen assets so far — will keep rolling into the mullahs’ bank accounts for at least as long as Joe Biden sits in the Oval Office.

As if we did not have enough reasons to reimpose sanctions before October 7, confirmation that Iran masterminded, trained, and funded the Hamas atrocities in Israel should have been enough to ensure that we turned off the money spigot. ............

https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/sanctions-relief-for-iran-shows-how-little-the-us-has-learned
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.