Author Topic: Republicans are sleepwalking into another embarrassing election  (Read 380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans are sleepwalking into another embarrassing election
« on: November 20, 2023, 11:06:00 pm »
by Zachary Faria, Commentary Writer
November 20, 2023 04:50 PM

The Republican Party’s lackadaisical attitude toward the 2024 elections is going to cost the party dearly when it matters, just as it has in every election cycle going back to 2018.

Republican leaders are sleepwalking their way to another pathetic election cycle, as evidenced by their attitude toward Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. As McDaniel’s seat heats up after the 2023 elections (adding to a long record of election losses), some Republican leaders think replacing her would cause too much chaos too close to an election or would be too difficult to accomplish.

Both points are ludicrous. The Republican Party is already in chaos. The presidential front-runner is 77 years old, faces several criminal indictments, and is fresh off sabotaging multiple GOP election cycles in service of his own ego. The House GOP caucus is a mess that has spent most of its time in the majority fighting itself rather than the Democratic Party and its policies. What are 19 House speaker votes in the same year and a revolving door of five different speaker nominees if not chaotic?

The other argument, even from those opposed to McDaniel, is that it would be too difficult to get two-thirds of the 168 committee members to get on board with ousting her. That is undoubtedly true, and it wouldn’t be the first time Republicans were unable to do the right thing because too many members were squishes who didn't care about winning if it was too hard to do. It’s an explanation, not an excuse, for why Republicans won’t try to better their chances of winning.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/republicans-are-sleepwalking-into-another-embarrassing-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Republicans are sleepwalking into another embarrassing election
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 11:27:08 pm »
A few more go-rounds like 2022, and the Republicans won't have to worry about "sleepwalking into embarrassing elections" any more...

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 02:51:56 pm »

by Zachary Faria, Commentary Writer
November 21, 2023 08:42 AM

The Republican Party’s lackadaisical attitude toward the 2024 elections is going to cost the party dearly when it matters, just as it has in every election cycle going back to 2018.

Republican leaders are sleepwalking their way to another pathetic election cycle, as evidenced by their attitude toward Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. As McDaniel’s seat heats up after the 2023 elections (adding to a long record of election losses), some Republican leaders think replacing her would cause too much chaos too close to an election or would be too difficult to accomplish.

Both points are ludicrous. The Republican Party is already in chaos. The presidential front-runner is 77 years old, faces several criminal indictments, and is fresh off sabotaging multiple GOP election cycles in service of his own ego. The House GOP caucus is a mess that has spent most of its time in the majority fighting itself rather than the Democratic Party and its policies. What are 19 House speaker votes in the same year and a revolving door of five different speaker nominees if not chaotic?

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/republicans-are-sleepwalking-into-another-embarrassing-election
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 02:59:12 pm »
   IMHO, the GOP went over the edge when Trump made a mockery of it with his infamous escalator ride in 2015.  Reminded me of this breakfast cereal advert with the gay colored rainbow signifying the escalator and the GOP seeing their 'Fairy' at the bottom.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 03:11:36 pm »
Well, possibly two or three more election losses to  continue the trend for the GOP since 2018 and maybe they’ll start figuring it out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 03:16:50 pm »
   Since hellary had the dnc nomination sewed up, Trump learned from NYC Mayor Bloomberg and just switched his party affiliation.

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 03:33:02 pm »
Until the party stops following the Orange pied piper things won't change.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 03:46:12 pm »
Trump is like heroin.  If the GOP doesn't quit him, they will die; but, they will continue because they do not believe they can live without him.

I refuse to leave the GOP because leaving the GOP won't fix the issue.  Republicans want elected officials who fight for the voters, and not for themselves and not against the voters.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 03:47:33 pm »
Merged Topics