Author Topic: Manchin risks getting 'exposed' in effort to topple unpopular Biden and Trump  (Read 372 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin risks getting 'exposed' in effort to topple unpopular Biden and Trump
by Rachel Schilke, Breaking News Reporter
November 20, 2023 12:17 PM

Democratic strategists believe Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) runs the risk of getting "exposed" to intense mudslinging and deep investigations into his personal and financial life from both Democrats and Republicans if he decides to run as a third-party candidate in 2024.

Steve Jarding, a strategist who has worked for various Democratic senators interested in presidential runs, said in an interview with the Hill that he believes Manchin could draw some votes away from former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden in the general election, but that may be at the senator's own peril.

"He comes from a small state. He’ll get exposed,” he said, explaining that the West Virginia Democrat would be subjected to intense negative advertising and numerous investigations into his business dealings if Trump and Biden see him making headway with voters.

“When either Trump or Biden see he’s hurting them more than the other side, they’ll take him down; they’ll go after him,” Jarding said.

Manchin has not announced a campaign for president. Instead, he announced on Nov. 9 that he would not seek reelection to the Senate, promising to "fight to unite the middle."

Democratic strategist Jonathan Kott, former adviser to Manchin, said the senator's possible run for the White House should be taken seriously.

“I always take Joe Manchin at his word. I think the first thing he’s going to do is go around the country, see if he can mobilize what he thinks is a moderate majority of voters, people who want their government to get stuff done and not the people who focus on the fighting of the extremes of each party,” Kott told the Hill.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/manchin-risks-getting-exposed-2024-presidential-effort
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

He's never held a real job in his entire life, yet he's a multimillionaire. Yeah, I suspect there's some exposing to be done.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
His pic is listen in Webster's dictionary under "Pandering POS"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If Manchin runs he'll just split the 3rd party vote and peel off voters from RFK Jr., so the third party option will be less effective.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Manchin will have to answer for the conflict of interest when his daughter was CEO of Mylan and increased the cost of EpiPens 800% ... though there was nothing to warrant that, other than monopoly power, greed, and the Wall Street Bankster calculation that people will pay any price for medication that keeps them alive.

////00000////

A "modest" 800% price increase for EpiPens is nothing compared to the value of surviving anaphylaxis.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

Manchin will have to answer for the conflict of interest when his daughter was CEO of Mylan and increased the cost of EpiPens 800% ... though there was nothing to warrant that, other than monopoly power, greed, and the Wall Street Bankster calculation that people will pay any price for medication that keeps them alive. A "modest" 800% price increase for EpiPens is nothing compared to the value of surviving anaphylaxis.
After that, Joe's alky wife Gayle was put on some sort of statewide school board - which promptly required school districts to purchase (at inflated prices, at taxpayer expense) Heather Manchin Bresch's EpiPens.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

If Manchin runs he'll just split the 3rd party vote and peel off voters from RFK Jr., so the third party option will be less effective.

Probably
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I can’t see his Senate seat going Democrat. He won’t be president and he must know this. So what’s his game here besides drawing votes from both Biden and Trump?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Manchin has not announced a campaign for president. Instead, he announced on Nov. 9 that he would not seek reelection to the Senate, promising to "fight to unite the middle."
Democratic strategist Jonathan Kott, former adviser to Manchin, said the senator's possible run for the White House should be taken seriously."

Here's a song for ya, Joe. Listen up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxzV5XoLpto