Author Topic: Immigration News Today: NYC Migrants, Advocates Stage ‘Sleep-In’ Protest Outside Gracie Mansion  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration News Today: NYC Migrants, Advocates Stage ‘Sleep-In’ Protest Outside Gracie Mansion
NANCY CHEN
NOV 19, 2023

New York
NYC migrants and advocates stage ‘sleep-in’ protest outside Gracie Mansion:

Immigration News, Curated

Sign up to get our curation of news, insights on big stories, job announcements, and events happening in immigration.

Protesters oppose the 30-day restrictions for migrants staying in city shelters, saying the policy will result in more street homelessness. — The Gothamist

Around the U.S.
Hundreds of migrants face sex attacks in Darien Gap:

From January to October, 397 people having received care from Doctors Without Borders as victims of sexual violence in the jungle, 97% of whom are women. — VOA News

https://documentedny.com/2023/11/19/immigration-news-today-nyc-migrants-advocates-stage-sleep-in-protest-outside-gracie-mansion/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They sleep OUTSIDE Gracie yet demand something better than tents to sleep in.  Hmm. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson