Author Topic: Time to End the Sanctuary Cities Experiment: It Couldn’t Be More Obvious.  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Time to End the Sanctuary Cities Experiment: It Couldn’t Be More Obvious.
November 17, 2023

If Thomas Edison hadn’t repeatedly tried and failed (1,000 times), paid attention to results, and modified his approach to fix each flaw, the invention of the light bulb might have been in question. Trial, and error, admitting mistakes, acknowledging the obvious, and correcting course is the basis of scientific endeavor. Unfortunately, any such objective scrutiny of results and applied remedies is often missing in the public policy process, particularly when it comes to sanctuary policies for illegal aliens. Unlike Edison, leftist politicians who put in place sanctuary havens for lawbreakers now refuse to recognize the cause and effect of their colossal mistakes.

Yet, in the midst of Biden’s Border Crisis that fuels massive flows of migrants to states and major urban areas within them, the evidence is now crystal clear: Sanctuary policies are an abject failure resulting in skyrocketing costs, increased gangs, drugs, crime, housing shortages, and public outcry.

Sanctuary policies – generally referring to municipalities (or even entire states) that refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities – exist in some 600 cities and counties. Three sanctuary jurisdictions, in particular, are currently experiencing dramatic cause and effect due to their policies.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/11/17/time-end-sanctuary-cities-experiment-it-couldnt-be-more-obvious
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson