Author Topic: The Bolduc Brief: An Unspoken Burden – Veterans’ Frustrations in a Nation Unwilling to Grasp the Rea  (Read 132 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Bolduc Brief: An Unspoken Burden – Veterans’ Frustrations in a Nation Unwilling to Grasp the Realities of Service

by Donald Bolduc
1 hour ago

Introduction
Today, 11/16/2023, I was honored to join The Jack Heath Morning Show Three-hour Veteran Townhall radio broadcast with Ambassador Scott Brown to discuss the problems veterans and their families experience due to an ineffective veteran’s medical care system. No amount of money or a 501(c)(3) organization will solve the problem. The problem will be solved when veterans stand up to be counted in New Hampshire and across the country. In the Granite State, we are approximately 115,000 veterans strong, yet only a tiny portion come forward to fight for veterans and their families, and less than 40% vote in elections. We have allowed the politicians to silence and divide us; this must stop.

Secondly, until we replace the politicians on both sides of the aisle who use veterans as political pawns during the election cycle and then don’t keep their promises, nothing will change. Most of our representatives are not even veterans and have no clue what veterans think and how they feel. This is a huge problem. In 1973, 73% of Congress were veterans. Today, 17% are Veteran’s.

Thirdly, until those who do not serve and have not served fully understand veterans, what they go through, and why it is so essential for our country to keep its promise to our veterans, nothing will change.

Fourthly, yes, there are substantial bureaucratic issues that impede proper medical care for veterans, but this is not the root cause. Nothing will change in the system until veterans stand up to be counted, we replace the ineffective representatives and senators in Washington, DC, and citizens decide that enough is enough. Are 40 suicides a day too much? Are 40,000 homeless veterans too much? Are 10 million unemployed veterans that drive homelessness, drug issues, incarceration issues, suicides, and broken homes too much? We must embrace Americanism, where the actual costs of freedom are acknowledged and respected, and Americans prioritize the well-being of those who have served.

https://sofrep.com/news/the-bolduc-brief-an-unspoken-burden-veterans-frustrations-in-a-nation-unwilling-to-grasp-the-realities-of-service/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson